Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Amazing Race: Three Days Later and I’m Still Annoyed at Jen

I have been watching The Amazing Race for quite a few seasons now and this is the first time I can truly remember being annoyed at a contestant. Sisters, Jen and Kisha, have made questionable decisions throughout the entire race for which they probably should have been eliminated before now, but Jen deciding to stop for a bathroom break before checking in was beyond ridiculous. This was no typical check-in. Had they raced directly to the pit stop, the sisters would have been one of three teams competing on one last leg for a million dollars. Instead, they stopped so that Jen could pee thereby allowing another team to narrowly sail ahead of them and lock them out of the final (they'll have you believe that they lost for another reason but we know the truth). Really, what were they thinking? Ok, I understand that her bladder was full and she really had to go but considering their purpose for being in the race couldn’t she hold it for one more minute? And, her bladder would not have been so full had she not torn the Chinese delicacies (scorpions, grasshoppers, starfish etc.) into bite size pieces and chased each bite with water. Everyone knows that the trick to eating unpleasant things is to wolf them down without tasting them. The cheerleaders got it so in this, they bested the athletes. Sadly, it’s been obvious from the beginning that strategizing was not Kisha and Jen’s strong suit but this seemed a pretty straightforward decision: pee or race for the finish. I know what I would have done.

5 comments:

  1. I would have peed...lol

    but...how much is the grand prize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Thats one million dollars gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way C, I have to cross you off my list of possible partners for when I join The Amazing Race. Sorry, but the competition comes first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I'm not much of a physical person anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following this season on and off. I missed that episode, but I liked your summary of it all. "Pee or Race".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...