Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Update: Next Day Air, The Amazing Race, The View

Next Day Air premiered in theaters this weekend and although I didn’t see it (not yet), I really wanted to. The kicker is that very few people seem to want to (It ranked #6 on the weekend box office chart with crap like Ghosts of Girlfriends Past placing ahead of it). This is one of those ‘hood’ movies that do not command the respect of a major Hollywood blockbuster. Without seeing the results, I could have bet that a lot of people chose to see Star Trek instead but this movie looks so funny (see the trailer for yourself). And with a cast like Wood Harris, Mike Epps, and Donald Faison (Turk from ‘Scrubs’) it practically guarantees laughs. This reviewer compared it to Friday and gave it a mixed review but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen a ‘hood’ movie and I could definitely use some of their brand of humor right about now.

The season finale for The Amazing Race aired last night on CBS and although I find all the contestants to be amazingly annoying, I’d come too far not to watch one more time. The final three teams included Victor and Tammy, Margie and Luke, Cara and Jaime. Margie and Luke were ahead going into the final challenge but alas they completely crashed and burned when Luke’s memory failed him. One small hiccup and frustration completely got the best of him. I don’t usually gloat at other’s misfortune but a part of me was somewhat mollified by the fact that they were the last to check in at the final pit stop. Of the three remaining teams, they were by the far the most annoying. NB: you can watch entire episodes of the show on cbs.com – no need to wait for a repeat on the travel channel.

The View photos coming soon…They’ve been transferred to my laptop so I just need to upload them here. It’s surprising more complicated than it sounds. FYI, Steve Harvey is the guest today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...