Friday, May 15, 2009

Really Stupid Articles

There are times when I have to ask myself why I click on a particular link when I know going in that it will be something stupid. Sometimes the teasers are good enough that I just want to know. But there is no excuse for this one. I knew going in that it was stupid and still I clicked. So what if a football player wants to change his name, and not just to any other name but to one that literally translates into eight five. (I guess he didn’t realize that his jersey number is 85 which would be ochento y cinco en Espanol.) I remember reading about this several months ago and even then it was stupid. Now they’re back to quibble over how his new name (yes, he legally changed it) will appear on his jersey: “Ochocinco” vs. “Ocho Cinco”. Really, is this what they think people want to read about?

And this one. Why does this woman get so much coverage? What’s with public fascination about women whose main goal life is to personally populate a small city? (Hello, Jon & Kate!) I can’t say that I was disappointed when I heard that she was going to have to get a hysterectomy (14 is more than enough) but I’m over anything else that has to do with this woman. How long does 15 minutes last? Enough already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...