Friday, September 17, 2010

Music Gripes: Real Soul

I only needed to hear Leela James (Tell Me You Love Me) and Raheem Devaughn’s (Bulletproof) duet, Mr. Incredible, Ms. Unforgettable, once before I knew that I loved it. What’s not to love? This song exudes soul from the first note to the last. And, both artists are great in their own rights. In my opinion, they are underrated artists who are among the few who set the standard for what real music sounds like in an age where one song is starting to sound the same as the next and when fewer songs manage to move you and make you feel something with one listen. This song does that. It touches your soul and I at least, want to hear it over and over again. Happy soulful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...