Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So It Continues…

Ever since my return from Spain, I have developed a new obsession: becoming somewhat-fluent in Spanish. When I see something that is written in Spanish, I pull out my trusty translator and I translate it. I’ve warned friends that I may break out speaking Spanish at any moment and I’ve stayed true to my word. Para practicar, hablo en espanol con mi amiga, K. And even though we both have limited knowledge of the language, I feel like I am learning. Un poquito. Besides, I am thoroughly enjoying myself in the process. I’m willing to try almost anything that will help me improve my language acumen. Most recently, at K’s recommendation, I’ve even started watching a couple telenovelas- “A Corazon Abierto” y “El Clon”. So far, no entiendo nada porque hablan muy rapido! I just can’t keep up. Not yet anyway. But I will keep watching and keep practicing. I am determined that the next time I visit to Spain (because I will definitely return) I will be able to communicate at least as well as an expat.

N.B. I will eventually get around to writing about my wonderful trip, just not today  Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...