Friday, May 1, 2009

Twitter-Hater: Is It Just Me?

For some inexplicable reason, I am really starting to hate that word "twitter". And don't forget "tweet". Maybe its because the root word that jumps out at me is twit, which is probably the word I would (ignorantly) use to describe a person who is on twitter. But I know some of you (who I know to be intelligent beings) twitter on a regular basis. Not to mention Oprah, Barbara, and Tyra. Can somebody tell me, what is the appeal here? I get that people can follow your comments in real time but doesn't facebook already provide for that. And what about the phone, email, messenger? With so many communication tools currently at our disposal, I am finding it very hard to see the usefulness in twitter and I have absolutely no intention of opening an account. I plan to stick with that decision even though I didn't initially see a point in joining facebook before I finally caved:)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!! You are right. People are becoming colder and relying on technology to do things the old fashioned. I noticed that these "social" networks has turned people into monsters. It seems that everyone thinks they are the biggest star on the planet these days. I sense a loss of humility and gratefulness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...