Monday, April 27, 2009

Coming Clean About Astrology

Some time ago I ran into a problem, the breadth of which was beyond my capabilities. I talked it over with some people (and to God) and I spent some time going over it in my mind but still it didn’t seem to be enough. So like most people looking for answers, I went to the internet and ran a Google search. Not surprisingly, the results were plentiful but what I found shocking was the number of people who seemingly had experienced the same exact problems that I was having. What’s even more surprising is that I found astrology forums where users somehow connected their issues to being born under a certain sun sign to be the most helpful. Frankly, I think that people who immerse themselves in astrology are weak-minded and susceptible to anything. They are so reliant on what other people say they are supposed to be like (based on their birth date) that they live their life to fit a mold rather than carve their own way. (Please note that this opinion refers only to people who feel they need to consult their psychics/charlatans and their charts to tell them how to live.) But after realizing that I was connecting to the words of these people with their varying levels of belief, I had to reconsider my position. I still don’t buy into all that astrology BS and I probably never will. But somewhere along the way, I felt myself bending to allow for the possibilities that astrology (certain ones-like eastern zodiac-more than others) is not a complete hoax. Therefore while I can’t say definitively that I believe in astrology, I do think that profiles about the zodiac signs do contain some grain of truth and I am now more open to exploring what I read about it rather than completely dismissing it off hand. Definitely not on my way to developing my birth chart or anything like that though.

*I have used astrology and zodiac interchangeably throughout this post. I may be wrong in doing so since I know absolutely nothing about either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...