Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spain: A Love Affair

I recently returned from what can only be described as the most awesome vacation ever! Two glorious weeks in Spain! You know a vacation is great when you hate to leave when it’s time to return home. I usually like nothing more than returning to my apartment following a vacation and locking myself in until it’s time for me to return to work. That was definitely not the case this time around and I was happy that I chose to stay until the absolute last day. Simply put, I love Spain!

It’s a pretty well known fact that Spain is a country that is rich in culture and I definitely got a dose of that while I was there. But I think what really makes Spain great are the wonderful people who I met, some of whom have become good friends in a very short time. I have to give kudos to a program called Pueblo Ingles, through which I was able to make connections with forty plus wonderful people who I might not otherwise have met. The age range ran from 21 up into the 70s (our group ended up with a somewhat younger crowd because of the volcanic eruption) but we all seem to find a common bond through which we could communicate (in English) and by the end of our week together, we felt like we were leaving old friends behind. I can not effectively put into words how the program affected me. Let’s just say that I am still sad that it ended. Scenic photos and details about the places I visited to follow…

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm slightly jealous! I've always wanted to go to Spain!

    A friend of mine was just there and she had nothing but great things to say about it. And the pictures were amazing! I can't wait to see yours and hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on it :)

    I read some troubling things about Spain before I got there and found them to be untrue. I highly recommend a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...