Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Annoyances

It’s clear that winter is behind us but I wasn’t quite ready for this shift to summer-like weather (although it hasn’t gotten too bad yet). I can’t stand extreme temperature because too much heat saps my energy and freezing cold depresses me. And yes, 90 degrees is extreme considering we’ve been in the 50s and 60s since the start of spring. This annoying tendency of the weather to jump and dip at will lead me to reflect on other things that I find just a tad annoying.

1.) Unreliable transportation- when it takes me an additional hour to get where I need to go (Greyhound), I consider that poor service. And, I don’t appreciate having to pay $22 more each month (MTA) when service is slated to be cut. Where’s my money going?

2.) (Uneasy) quiet- I like my peace and quiet but there’s a reason why I’m in no hurry to own a house. I feel secure at the thought of 50 other renters packed around me when I go to bed at night. There’s no better reminder of this than being alone in a house out in the boonies with very little outside noise.

3.) Poor internet connection- especially when I have the momentum to whittle through those projects on my list. It’s almost guaranteed that I will be booted off a server within five minutes of connecting to it. I just can’t afford to pay for my own internet right now.

4.) The pain of breaking in semi-new shoes- we try shoes on in the store and they feel great. Not so great when you wear them outside for the first time. I usually give up on certain shoes after wearing them once. Sometimes, I forget about the pain I experienced the first time and give them another try. Not always the best idea but a necessary step since they’re on their way to becoming comfortable throughout the third wearing. But the times leading up to that point…a little painful.

5.) Passive aggressive people- need I say more? We all know them; life would be so much easier if everyone would just “say what you need to say” (love this song!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...