Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Old Posts: Final Attempt

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Still Me, Birthday And All

On Thanksgiving Day 2008, I celebrated another birthday. Perhaps it's the combination of the spirit of the holiday and turning a year older that caused me to reflect on the past year, to think about all the things that I am thankful for. Generally its been a good year; somewhat sedate at times, unnecessarily hectic other times but never regrettable. I look forward to all the exciting things to come over the next year.

First, my family. Although there are times when I have felt like I could use a break from them, I can't imagine not having them in my life. Each member of my family plays a unique role in my life and no matter how busy we get in our lives we're never too busy for each other.

Having friends who make it easy to vent without passing judgment, who allow me to share my load when it gets to be too heavy for me is a wonderful thing and one that I probably overlook from time to time. I can only promise to be as good a friend to them.

I am grateful for the wisdom gained through past experiences. I am wiser and more self-aware and I can't wait to see what else I will discover about myself over the coming year. I can only hope that I won't keep making the same mistakes over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...