Monday, June 7, 2010

Between Sleep and Social Life

I’m exhausted! I haven’t had good, quality sleep in at least two weeks. Between entertaining visitors and actually having an active social life, sleep is starting to seem more like a novelty than a necessity. I can’t remember the last time that I slept for more than a few hours at a time, even when I had the time to sleep. This would be okay if I were still fully functional without it. But no, I’m sluggish and it takes twice the effort to perform tasks that I mindlessly complete on a regular basis. But I don’t mind sacrificing a few hours of sleep if I have a good reason and lately, I’ve had some pretty good ones.

First, homegrown friends are always good company but having friends from out of town visit is one of the best reasons for hitting the town. Every night was a late night. And, with events like film festivals, cooking competitions, food tasting and wine consuming, it’s understandable why I would forgo a few hours of sleep. Just the other day I saw an indie film titled The Prospects at the Brooklyn International Film Festival and I highly recommend it. So funny! I was also hoping to see Cost of A Soul but alas, SOLD OUT! From the trailer I can tell that I would have enjoyed it. In fact, I don’t think I have ever been disappointed by any of the indie films that I’ve seen in the past. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I knew absolutely nothing about the film and so went in not knowing what to expect, only hoping for the best. Or it could be that only the best indie films are weeded out from among numerous other submissions before being presented to a wider audience. Unlike the drivel that the Hollywood machine churns out! Whatever it is, I’m all for the independent films that show that quality work is thus in spite of the budget, not because of it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I'm Sean Kirkpatrick, the writer/director of Cost of a Soul...
    I came across your blog, and wanted to let you know due to popular demand a third screening of Cost of a Soul has been added to the list. This Friday June 11 at 11:30pm. Get tix at:
    http://www.brooklynfilmfestival.org/films/detail.asp?fid=1075

    I will be there along with much of the cast and crew. Hope to see you there!!

    Thanks for the interest and support! Bring your friends too, it'll be a great screening!

    Sean Kirkpatrick
    www.costofasoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news! The older I get, it's getting harder and harder to convince people to stay out past midnight but I'll do my best to round up one or two friends and come out to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...