Friday, July 10, 2009

Pastimes

I spent a good portion of last night walking around downtown. M and I started with dinner around St. Marks place but since we had not planned beyond dinner we wandered around a bit walking in the direction of LES, came back up to Union Square and eventually ended up at West 4th. I haven’t gotten that much exercise in a long time and boy did I need it! But all that mindless walking around in a quest to find something to do lead me to think about the neighborhoods I frequent and what I do when I’m there. In no particular order, St. Marks Place, Fort Greene, downtown Brooklyn, West 4th, and Soho are some of my favorite places to chill. And when I say chill, I really mean eat (mostly). That’s another thing I realized: most of my outings usually include food. Even when I go out to see a movie, a concert, or perform some activity, I will ultimately end up at a restaurant/bar. And, although I don’t like/crave food enough to consider myself a foodie, I spend way too much time thinking about what I’m going to eat for lunch. In any case, the following is a sampling of places that serve tasty, reasonably priced food and/or provide decent entertainment: Burrito Loco(Mexican), Galanga(Thai), CafĂ© Orlin, Yaffa Cafe, Milon(Indian), and Groove(American bar). Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...