Monday, July 6, 2009

What!? A Cell-Phone?

A little earlier this morning I received a call from my adorably cute niece. She was calling me from her after-school/summer program just to see how I was doing. She was calling from her cell-phone. At one point in our brief conversation, I heard her telling some of the other kids to be quiet. Why is it so noisy, so early in the morning at her program? More importantly, why was she on her cell-phone? I’m still reeling from the shock that her mother thought that my six-year-old niece is responsible enough to have a cell-phone. Last Thursday, her father called and told me to write down a telephone number before dropping the bombshell that it was my niece’s number. Since then, my niece has called me almost everyday just because. It’s cute how excited she is about owning a cell-phone but this is one of those instances where I believe she’s too young. At this point, I can only hope for the best and be happy that someone is helping me to use up more of my anytime minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...