Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th of July

I love holiday weekends! I love the idea of barbeques, overeating, shopping the sales, catching up with friends and family. I will definitely make time to do all of those things in addition to sleeping in (an extra 30 minutes), laundry, cleaning and because it’s Independence Day, watching fireworks. This year, because the actual holiday falls on a Saturday, many of us have been fortunate to get the preceding Friday off from work to get a jump on our plans. Usually I would use such an opportunity to wait in long lines to catch the bus down to the DC/VA area. But after being away a week ago, I wanted to stay close to home. Besides, I distinctly remember missing home every fourth of July that I’ve been away. There’s just some about being at home (in NYC) during a major holiday. There is always so much to do and the excitement is something to be experienced. If only the rain would ease up for the next few days... Happy fourth everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...