Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hair Gripes: Fear the Chop

When I first BC-ed i.e. Big Chopped (yep, I know the terminology ) about a month ago I could have related to this woman, a little bit. I want to emphasize the “a little bit” part because while I can relate to her having certain expectations and mentally preparing herself to stop at a certain length, that’s where it ends. Yea, the hairstylist messed her hair up but I think she’s taking things too hard and not giving herself much of a chance to really own her new look. I mean, I'm looking at it, and it came out good in the end. Isn't that what matters? I’m sure there are plenty of people who’ve told her how cute her new do is but I do understand that she is the only one who needs to believe it to be true. I'm sorry that she is not enjoying her natural journey to the fullest but I am and I think my hair looks fabulous post-BC. Check out my "Big Chop" story over on Back To Curly, a fabulous natural hair blog, and tell me I’m lying. I dare you!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I LOVE the BC! :) Beautiful. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My niece took this on the day of but I finally transferred pics from my camera and have a few recent shots that are much clearer. I'll email one to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...