Friday, July 23, 2010

Random Gripes: Thoughts & Ramblings

I've been in a weird mood lately. On the one hand, I feel this urgent need to accomplish some of the things on my extensive "list"- from getting my driver's license, becoming a better cook, improving my career prospects and my writing craft, learning to swim, to ride a bike, and the many other things that I feel I should do well but don't necessarily do at all. I've been doing my research to see what I can do to start whitling down my list yet at times, I don't feel like doing much of anything. Lots of time spent thinking and not enough action. However, I have been putting thoughts into words as the first step of making them a reality and to that end, I am becoming inately fond of making lists (remembering where I put them is another issue entirely). I am not sure why I have become so introspective as of late. Maybe it's because I am nearing 30. I have some time before I get there and I do not dread reaching this glorious age but as I draw closer to it, I can't help but think of all of the things that need to be crossed off my "list". I once heard this quote: "never put off til tomorrow what you can do today" which henceforth, I am adapting as my new life motto. It's becoming too easy for me to say 'I'll do it tomorrow' and let things fall through the crack. If I am to reach the goals that I set for myself, I need to hold myself accountable. Happy blazing hot weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I really don't know what it is about the big 3-0 that scares ppl....including me, but I'm certainly guilty of it! I don't make lists, but I'm a 'post-it' girl, tons of little notes plastered all over my room, lol.

    Stay cool lady;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Well the lists are on post-it stickies hence the reason I keep losing them. I really should put my phone to better use. I have a perfectly fine notepad there that I hardly use:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...