Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lebron the Brat?

I usually don't concern myself with the antics of professional athletes but I'm annoyed on Lebron's behalf re this article. The writer essentially describes Lebron James as a spoiled brat after he walked off the court without congratulating his opponents after his team was kicked out of the NBA finals over the weekend. Instead, Lebron kept his head down, got dressed in a corner in the locker room and silently waited for the team bus to leave the arena. Obviously, he was devastated by the loss. Could he have put forth a better attitude? Certainly. But I understand why he kept to himself. I understand the pain he must have felt after he had given his all and it still wasn't enough. For a guy who has consistently and singlehandedly carried his team on his shoulders, I understand how it would seem that he was the one most affected by the loss. Camaraderie goes out the window when you look around and see that you're all alone--in good and bad times, but especially the bad. I'm not surprised that he chose to internalize alot of what he was feeling. So I say to Lebron, if you want to be a brat, I don't blame you. Now. When he finally gets some help and he's still a brat, then I'll be more than happy to call him on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...