Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Break-Up Songs

I have been listening to a lot of break-up songs lately. I guess I like the drama of it all. The complacency of something steady can be nice but there is just something about those words that speak of rollercoaster emotions and love gone bad that keeps drawing me back to listen once again. Songs like “Epiphany” and “Blame It On Me” by Chrisette Michele, LeToya Luckett’s “Not Anymore”, Maxwell’s “Pretty Wings”, good old Carl Thomas' "Emotional", and the old standard from Gladys Knight and the Pips, “Neither One Of Us.” I could come up with an extensive list but I'll stop here. It probably would make more sense for me to ‘feel’ these songs so deeply if I were actually contemplating a break-up. But I’m not, not at all. In fact, I don’t have anything going on that is serious enough to even warrant a break-up. Maybe this is just what good music is all about: songs that make you think and feel even if you’re not currently experiencing the same things.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...but those songs are still so damm depressing. But they do make you feel that you are not alone in your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...