Friday, April 16, 2010

Cooking Joy

I’ve been bad. I’ve cooked once in the past few weeks. Not good for someone who’s trying to get better at cooking. Still, my cooking excitement continues! These days I even get excited when I go shopping for cooking utensils and other home essentials. I spent an inordinate amount of time picking out a saute pan and I even salivated over a stainless steel set that I thought would fit in perfectly with my imaginary dream home. What’s gotten over me? I’m feeling a bit…domesticated. Hmm.

I’ve toyed around with the idea of signing up for a series of cooking classes. The ones that most interested me were the series on Asian Cooking and the Essential Cooking series at the Institute of Culinary Education . Why these two? Well, I count Asian food, particularly Thai, among my top 3 favorite types of food to eat (the other two are Caribbean and Italian). I often find myself ordering from my favorite Thai restaurant on average of once a week, pretty frequent for me. But then I decided that I could learn as much as I would in a classroom through true experimentation in my own kitchen. Why not make use of the cookbooks laying around my apartment? I mean, how bad could it be? I try it, it's either good or it's not. I'll still eat it. So, the cooking classes are on still on hold. For now, I’m still experimenting with seasonings (more to come on this). Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...